New Feature: Screen reader accessibility (A11y)!
With this new feature RenJS games are more accessible than ever (for now!). The minimal setup doesn't require anything: The GUI and story elements will be automatically added to an accessible DOM layer on top of the game canvas in order to support keyboard navigation and screen-reading. The labels for the buttons and other GUI elements will be automatically guessed from their "binding" action.
If you want to go the extra mile, a new A11y YAML file can be defined where you can overload any of these labels, including labels for the visual choices and plugin calls. This is particularly convenient too paired off with the I18N feature, as you can define A11y files for each language your game is in.
- Message boxes can now show character portraits!
- Fixes lazyloading many bugs
- Choices can now have empty options. When the option is empty, the game will simply continue after the choice.
- Fixed crash when doing wait for click
- Fixed crash when hiding a background that didn't exist
- Fixed text in namebox/choices showing weird for a few frames
- Fixed image flicker bug
- Fixed spritesheet animated ctc not working
- Actions now know how to parse and execute themselves
- RenJS version string: RenJSGame.renjsversion
- Character manager and Character entity completely revamped
- Character setup property speechColour will soon be removed, use color instead
- New manual GUI.yaml format
- New plugin handle onAction
- Debug mode
- Automatic breaklines
- Hide all CGS on screen
- Original manual GUI.yaml format
Very old version, before the new gui integration. This version supports very old original GUI format and older GUI Builder format